The Revenue Commissioners have outlined a number of recommendations for individuals and businesses who face financial difficulties in the current climate.
- Continue to file all returns on time as per normal practice
- Engage with them if you or your business is facing difficulties in discharging your liability
- Revenue have suspended the application of interest on late payments for the following returns
- VAT period January – February 2020
- PAYE periods February 2020 and March 2020
- All debt enforcement activity has been suspended
- Tax clearance cert status will remain unchanged for the coming months in accordance with the above points
In all cases of difficulty Revenue have asked for early and regular contact and updates. We will be working hard with and for our clients, in particular those facing cash flow difficulties to ensure that they remain compliant with Revenue and best position themselves for the future.
Please get in touch if you have any queries about the above or anything else affecting your business.